Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the output?

What can be the F?B be considered to be?

• Multiplier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adder

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mav3r1ck_2k

What is the output of the given circuit?

Attachments

• A_Opamp_CKT.jpg
    A_Opamp_CKT.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 182
The output is irrelevant as it's an incomplete circuit. What is your purpose for asking the question? What's the story behind the question?

Is this homework?

I'm gonna guess zero output. Tell me if I'm right Maverick.

Last edited:
What is the output of the given circuit?

Minus rail (i.e. most negative the amplifier is capable of).

Say the output is slightly negative or slightly positive. That makes the output of the multiplier slightly positive, but near zero.

An opamp with -1V at it's +input and ~0V at it's -input is driven to the minus rail by it's open-loop gain.

Minus rail multiplied by itself makes positive rail, which makes the difference between -input and +input even bigger, so Minus rail at the opamp output is a stable solution.

Interestingly, for any input above 0V the output will be the square-root of the input. But if the input goes slightly negative, which inverts the feedback polarity, then the output will go to the negative rail.

What does the circle with the X in it mean?

My thoughts exactly prior to reading all the posts....

hi chippie,
Its a symbol for a multiplier operator.

A little light reading.;)

Attachments

• 4SP_continuous_signals.pdf
    437.6 KB · Views: 344
Last edited:
"Its a symbol for a multiplier operator." I learn something everyday on this forum. I was wondering the same thing as everybody else.

mav3r1ck_2k,

The answer is NOT zero. Did you bother to read the entire thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back