Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the function of an oscillation circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adisaat

Is the circuit meant for ac or dc supply?

When i use Dc supply, The circuit wont work at all,
I thought it was meant to make the dc supply oscillate :confused:

Then i used Ac supply,I patch up my circuit for a piezo disc,
I measured the input Vac and at the piezo disc, I found out that its the same value ><

It seemed to me that i could just ignore the circuit and just apply the Vac directly to my piezo disc. Which i did which resulted in the same results :p

Oscillators can be made to run off of any supply. BUt usually they are made to run off of a DC supply.

But oscillators make an oscillating *SIGNAL*. Signals are very low power and you can't drive things with such a low power signal. You would need some kind of driver or amplifier that accepts the oscillating signal and produces a high power output to drive the piezo. It's the same as how you can't drive a motor directly from a microcontroller pin- you use the pin's signal to control a motor driver that produces a high power current to drive the motor. That was probably your problem.

Last edited:
Hmm so what will happen if i use a higher input,
Will the output be higher as well?

I mean is the input and out directly proportional as in when input increase, output will also increase? Thanks :)

Hmm so what will happen if i use a higher input,
Will the output be higher as well?

I mean is the input and out directly proportional as in when input increase, output will also increase? Thanks :)

No. Never exceed the specified input voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back