Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best multimeter to buy for electronics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashvat

Hi guys, I need a multimeter for all my electronics projects, I have had two multimeters in the past, one local brand that is absolutely a waste, later based on reviews I bought a Mextech DT603, which is awful, I am unable to measure temperature, capacitance, current. I would like some suggestions on buying a good long lasting, accurate, good quality multimeter under 50$'s.

I want to be able to measure voltage, resistance, capacitance, (inductance, temperature optional), current all the way down to microAmps. Let me know you best recommendations.

Thank you!

I bought a cheap meter... mialy for the LARGE display.. ( Age an all that ) has served me well. The only thing with cheap meters is the banana plug contacts... I just replaced them recently with decent ones..

Mine is a TENMA.. These come in a range of prices.. Mine was @ £25.00 manual ranging They do a good auto ranging for £38 ish

For the money, I think the Klein MM400 is the best. $49 and available on the shelf in most Home Depots in the US. Klein has been making tools for electricians and hvac for 100 years.

lots of features, auto range, micro amps (to 0.1uA resolution). Min/max and frequency count.

Simple advice:
Make sure that its continuity mode has a fast response.

I cannot overemphasize how frustrating is to have a DMM with a sluggish continuity mode when you are attempting to troubleshoot an intermittency.

Harbor freights Centech's P98764 is pretty cheap with a ton of features. The continuity mode is pretty much instant so its very useful for tracing circuits. I picked one up just for toying with a few years ago and it ended up one of my favorite handheld dmm's.

Mastech MS8229 looks like its the same thing & a bit cheaper but I'm not sure if its lacking any functions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back