Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the best book on designing robot artificial intelligence algorithms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AceOfHearts

Hi,

That's the question!

What is the best book on designing robot artificial intelligence algorithms?

Basically, I have built a robot which has obstacle avoidance and no ground detect and avoidance features. I am looking into desigining artifical intelligence for my robot so need a good book to start off with.

Is there a book? I don't think you can use the textbook stuff without a PC. I would think anything the a regular uC could pull off would be stuff you just sat back and thought about how to intelligently go about it.

dknguyen said:
Is there a book? I don't think you can use the textbook stuff without a PC. I would think anything the a regular uC could pull off would be stuff you just sat back and thought about how to intelligently go about it.

Yes you are right, it is already intelligence there.

But I am now looking more into learning algorithms, something more challanging.

I am thinking of turning it into my final year project, so need to implement something more advanced for higher marks.

Have a look at some of the micromouse stuff. Just building a maze solver would be a very good introduction to simple AI. There are some good internet sites around that explain a lot of the algorithms used. Google micromouse flood fill algorithm. To implement a flood fill on a microcontroller would be challenging.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back