Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Robot built from junk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fintek

Here's some pics of a robot named SPARC that I built a few years back. I made it to help me out in my lab. It is voice controlled, and uses two Arduinos as a brain. It has one arm (with interchangable grippers), movable spotlights, a toolbox and a power inverter. It can move on it's own, and has "follow me" capability, and collision avoidance. There is also a "mast" that goes up and down like a power antenna to give and take things from me while on a ladder (mainly light bulbs). The smartphone in the picture was there just to show the time, play music, and give additional voice capability with an Alexa-type app, but did not control the robot.
The head is from an old TIE telephone switch, the central body is from a compaq computer case, the lower motor section is an old UPS shell.
It looks tippy, but it is actually quite stable. The battery is in the bottom, and the rest is rather light, so it balances itself nicely.

frontsm2.jpg
ARMsm.jpg
Head2.jpg
gutssm.JPG
brainsm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back