Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What has happened to this forum?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RODALCO said:
Interesting discussion here, and i have to agree that some newbies want to start with too difficult projects from the beginning.

If you are new to electronics, sart with something simple like a two transistor astable multivib with two led's, some 4017 led circuits, a simple audio amp, digital counter with TTL.
Just to get the hand on some basic soldering skills and building a circuit.

A lot ask before they have tried anything simple and want to do complex circuitery as a first project.

My advise to new electronic project builders is start with some simple circuits first, or buy some kit sets avaiable from any good electronics store.
These have usually also a difficulty rating as well.

That's pretty much how I started, at age 13 or so...made it through every electronics kit/lab my parents bought me for Christmas, then moved on to projects on protoboard, etc.

IMHO if we leave the repetitive questions alone, maybe people will get the idea that they've been asked about 3 forum posts down or they'll go somewhere else. Not to push people away, but if they found the site then they can find the answer, probably because the Google result linked to the answer to their question.

When did mechie become a mod?

Damn Hitech what's chaffing in your shorts?!

Nigel Goodwin said:
Years and years ago, before me in fact!.

Oooh, i guess that is a long time ago... :p Just kidding. :D

lol :) It is the thought that counts ;) :D

HiTech said:
MOD EDIT
Picture removed (just downright rude) Hmmm, guess I'm spoiled by my civil liberties and rights that we Americans cherish and enjoy. Oh well, you can take away my photos, but at least you can't take away my guns!:D :rolleyes:
HiTech, I assume you did better at geography than English ? (or is "capitol" another american corruption ?) Believe it or not, spelling was always an easy subject for me, but there were a few words that I'd trip up on from time to time and capitol/capital is one of them.

EVERYBODY - this is getting out of hand ! ... reign it in or get it LOCKED
Mechie

As far as I'm concerned, it's far more necessary to know basic to intermediate geography of the planet I live on, than it is to know the proper spelling of "capital"!
:rolleyes:

Last edited:
HiTech said:
Oh well, you can take away my photos, but at least you can't take away my guns!:rolleyes:

Carefull there Hitech, we may just "reach through the monitor and take them from under your nose!":D

JimB

What're you nuts Jim?! He has guns! ;)

Sceadwian said:
What're you nuts Jim?! He has guns! ;)
LOL:D Yeah, that'd be entertaining ... seeing a hand reaching through my monitor, grasping at the muzzle end of a loaded firearm! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back