Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What has happened to this forum?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bloody-orc said:
As I said before

Then why have a password?

Perhaps the elitists here should take a look at the contents page of this forum where they would find, as of this writing, 482 persons who have viewed this thread, but only 36 replies, many of those multiples from the same respondents.

In short, there are many who read, study and utilize these pages, but seldom, if ever, post.

To ignore this population by withdrawing to an inner sanctum of the ivory tower deprives them of your expertise.

and again as i said before:
It's just that those, who don't have a project to share usually don't want to go through all that trouble of asking one in the first place and therefor post his/her question on another subforum.

and:

But as I stated above I like ThermalRunaways idea more than my current one so his idea is something we should go for.

so lets drop the damn Password idea already... Jestas!

hi bloody-orc,

Orinally posted by Brian.
Mind you, I am not suggesting that even this is a perfect solution to the problem! There probably isn't one.

Oh, and regarding the OT forum, I think you should be quite happy that a lot of OT discussion takes place here. If there is room for an OffTopic area, at least it means that more OnTopic discussion is taking place in the relevant forums!!!

I would agree with this statement.

hi bloody-orc,
Can I suggest you re-post the proposal in light of the replies you have had and perhaps not use such an emotive title.

Regards

Does anyone notice that people online are just like real life?
I thought it was because I was ugly or had B.O. .What a relief cause you can't see or smell me. Not to be judgemental because I try to to avoid it. I try to be polite or use humor but it doesn't work. The thing is with the closed forum ,you guys are thinking exactly the opposite way that I am. I would try to get new people to understand what was going on better. Why would we not have respect and be accepting of everyone willing to contribute?? I want people to see my ideas.

I know I sounded harsh saying I don't care about anyone ,but "business as usual" is better than "who cares?" . I like coming here because I want to discuss building new things. I think the project forum is not full enough and some of you guys may be holding out on us. Also I think some IDEAS are worth devoloping . Someone may come in asking for help with an IDEA ,but since someone can't figure it out before the thread sinks the IDEA gets lost. This requires cooperation and acceptance of all IDEAS regardless of who they come from.

I don't see any problems with the forum as it is. I look at it like this: It's similar to watching television programs... if you aren't interested or are annoyed with a certain program, you simply switch to another channel. The same should apply to this place, whether threads are posted by a newbie or a long time member. The last thing we need is more division and heirarchy to confound and complicate things.

Oh well... You just can't understand what I'm trying to say here... Probably because you haven't been here so long to know what i mean (I see you joined this year). Maybe it's just good if I shut up and left that place like many before me as there is nothing new here, and if one tries to do something new he wont get very far...
Call me a crybaby if you like, I don't care anymore...

anyway! So-long everyone who cares!

You feel just like I do. It's a human ! I have been looking all over for real humans.

Let's just let this go and talk about something else.You made a great thread.
Most of the posts in favor of this idea where negative comments and I just think this would have a negative effect on the social structure.Over time some of the regulars are going to leave.We should invite new poeple in.Even if they come from different backgrounds ,some have more to add from different experience.

Last edited:
You see, that's just it: we don't need a forum that sets up classes of heirarchy according to experience or knowledge. That's for the snobbish, high society mindset. Go that route and newbies will remain as newbies and elitists will be the inflated egomaniacs. The idea of this forum is a watering hole for all of us to drink from. We choose to leave when we're full. If we don't like the tast of the water then we look elsewhere. Don't make things more complex than necessary. Regardless of how deeply technical a discussion gets, even a newbie can gain some tidbits of knowledge from it... and that's a positive thing.

I thought that the project section was for completed projects.

However I don't know what the origional poster is talking about. Looking back there has always been a mixture projects with different complexities; this place is no more nube filled than it was before.

We all have the choice to answer or not answer questions. So if you consider that an OP is a fool or is lazy, then ignore him. If no-one replies, then he'll go away.

bloody-orc said:
Oh well... Maybe it's just good if I shut up and left that place... anyway! So-long everyone who cares!

We used to call that voting with your feet.

I once suggest that a forum be started for homework questions and projects. It was not well received. But I was not upset about it. I am not sure why you are upset. I would not take the rejection as a personal attack because no one here knows you well enough to make that sort of a judgment.

Put on a few more layers of dead skin cells and join in..

I have to admit that I did not read the entire thread. Mostly a few at the start.

3v0 said:
We used to call that voting with your feet.

I once suggest that a forum be started for homework questions and projects. It was not well received. But I was not upset about it. I am not sure why you are upset. I would not take the rejection as a personal attack because no one here knows you well enough to make that sort of a judgment.

Put on a few more layers of dead skin cells and join in..

I have to admit that I did not read the entire thread. Mostly a few at the start.

Why I said that I hear you ask... Not because my Idea was rejected, but because of some of the replies. I don't want to give you any names, but they said something completely idiotic, witch pissed me off as I was talking on a serious matter here (witch probably wasn't obvious to some)...
I can take rejections, but I cant stand idiots and ignorants (or what ever they are called)...

bloody-orc,

You have to appreciate that this is an Off-Topic area, where frequently people will joke and kid around. I think you're taking it too seriously.

If you wanted to make a more serious topic of conversation, perhaps you could have used the feedback area of the website which is setup specifically for this kind of thing.

In any case, nobody has ridiculed you or trashed your idea. Everyone has their own opinion and, as per usual, not all of those will agree with yours. If you do decide to leave the forum, then I wish you all the best with your future in Electronics as a hobby.

Brian

bloody-orc said:
Why I said that I hear you ask... Not because my Idea was rejected, but because of some of the replies. I don't want to give you any names, but they said something completely idiotic, witch pissed me off as I was talking on a serious matter here (witch probably wasn't obvious to some)...
I can take rejections, but I cant stand idiots and ignorants (or what ever they are called)...

isnt it ignoramis?

LOL

Leave him alone, English isn't his first language!

Hero999 said:
Leave him alone, English isn't his first language!

True, and I don't even know what his first language would be? - but he's got his location filled in, so we know where he is, so we can't expect perfect English, and his is actually VERY good!.

Im just kidding, i used to have a very bad speech problem when I was younger, so we are in the same boat maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back