Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What essential feature is missing from this Samsung Monitor/TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
KISS, that's just a link to the manual/support. Which bug/feature do you mean?

Look at the manual and guess what I feel is an essential missing feature. Hint: Its related to the TV channel scanning setup.

Or you could just tell us. I have a few Samsung HDTVs and the basic feature set is fine. I don't bother with their network features.

Stop farting about and tell us. :p

It'll probably be nothing/irrelevant because Samsung do make some excellent stuff!

OK, the missing bug/feature is the inability to add channels, so you can't point your antenna in one direction and "re-scan" and then point in another and "update". There is a mention of an "auto-delete" that's run after a scan which can be aborted. The purpose, it seems is to remove "scrambled" channels.

I haven't checked if of other Samsung TV's have this bug too.

My low-cost CECB (Coupon Eligible Converter Box) which was used to ease the conversion to DTV in the US has this functionality. With my CECB, I can also use the remote to select a "scanned and stored" virtual channel OR input the real channel number and the corresponding virtual channel will appear.

Annoying things with my CECB's which are all dtx9950: www/dsconverter.com
1) No NTSC mode with volume control - OK, cost issue)
2) With an EPG (Electronic Program Guide) displayed, channel selection is disabled.
3) With signal strength displayed, channel selection is disabled.

Comments? I guess everyone has cable?

Last edited:
OK, the missing bug/feature is the inability to add channels, so you can't point your antenna in one direction and "re-scan" and then point in another and "update". There is a mention of an "auto-delete" that's run after a scan which can be aborted. The purpose, it seems is to remove "scrambled" channels.

I haven't checked if of other Samsung TV's have this bug too.

So no 'bug' at all, it's working EXACTLY how a digital TV is supposed to :D

Nah I have stations from basically two directions. Basically 92 and 46 degrees. 6 stations, say * 3 digital channels each, could mean a loss of 18 channels. There are about 16 real channels at say 3 virtual channels each, in the most used orientation.

My $50 government approved box designed to convert off the air DTV (NTSC/8VSB) signals to channel 3/4 NTSC or composite video has the re-scan, update and edit.
Edit is more of a "soft edit". They remain in the channel list, but get skipped with channel up/dn. They can easily be re-enabled without re-scanning. It might be useful to remove stations that broadcast only in Spanish for me.

I don't think so Samsung's all TVs suffer from the same disease because they use somewhat different technologies in their different models.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back