1. Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
    Dismiss Notice

GoDaddy, WordPress, GoCentral web Builder? What to use for WebSite?

Discussion in 'Product & Service Reviews' started by ronsimpson, Feb 11, 2018 at 8:17 AM.

1. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Years ago I made a website on GoDaddy using WordPress.
    Then there was are security problems where anyone could make changes and add programs to my website. GoDaddy.com had no solutions.
    I payed money to another company that remake the website and posted it some where different. For BIG MONEY they watch for changes every day.

I am retrying GoDaddy. I tried "GoCentral" web builder but; I can not change font size. If in a year they will not fix some thing as simple as that, then don't use GoCentral web builder.

Has WordPress fixed security problems? (in the last year) Does any one here use WordPress?
    I am looking for advice on where to host and what program to use.

2. Cicero

Cicero Active Member

How many years ago?

Things have progressed quite rapidly, and security is a high priority these days.

3. ronsimpson

ronsimpson Well-Known Member Most Helpful Member

Six month ago I gave up and now pay $50/month to have some one watch for changes.
    So maybe 1.5 years ago it was getting hacked weekly.
    Word press said you must update to a new version every time there is a update. No delay!
    Godaddy.com has a price + price for SSL + $15/month to stop hacks + $250/year to fix hacks. (maybe the $50/month is not so bad)

Several WordPress hosting sights don't have a "stop hacks" priced. So maybe now these is not a problem.
    GoDaddy has "$5/month" price "no one gets hacked now" but just before you hand over the credit card they strongly urge you to pay $16/month for "hack prevention". I don't know if I can trust them.

If you don't have a problem then maybe I should give it another try.