Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What does this chip do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

I saw this IC **broken link removed** in schematics which i'm reviewing.

I think that it is used to allow communication between RS232 and microcontroller.
However, RS232 requires DC levels of ±12V, and this IC's VCC is ranged from 3V to 5.5V.

Can RS232 interpret DC levels of ±3V?

I saw this IC **broken link removed**

I think that it is used to allow communication between RS232 and microcontroller.
However, RS232 requires DC levels of ±12V, and this IC's VCC is ranged from 3V to 5.5V.

These chips typically have an internal DC/DC convertor, usually a charge pump, that converts the lower Vcc to +/-12V used by RS232.

Thanks guys.

I want the PC to interface this IC through a serial port (RS232) cable.

Could you help me figure out how to connect the IC's pins to the RS232 pins?
I read about the RS232's pinout, however I couldnt perform an one-to-one matching.

This is the IC's pinout:

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back