Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you want for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I want is a clean workbench!
The best to all of you! E

During 2012 I plan to clean the home workbench, that assumes I can even find it. :)

On a serious note during likely Spring of 2012 we will likely continue major house renovations. I plan a full remake of my work room and computer room which are joined. The place is a disaster and the gun room upstairs is just as bad. Maybe I need to just make the house bigger? The desk beside the workbench is just as bad as the bench. The shelves are in overflow mode.

Ron

It sort of sounds like you allow yourself to buy something for the previous step.

It does kinda look that way, doesn't it? I have to cut the panels before I route them though. I'll then need the router to cut and route the individual speaker holes too. Since it's a sealed box, there's enough margin for error that I can rely on manufacturers specs for the enclosure volume.

However, for a passive crossover to do a truly good job, the tweeter resonance and Q need to be verified with the oscilloscope to add an appropriate attenuation network. The mid and woofer impedance also need to be verified to add appropriate Zobel networks although I can do a fairly good job based on measurements with my LCR meter.

I can't really analyze the performance of a speaker that has yet to be built with an audio analyzer either. It will get used to determine if I need more damping material and if I have the tweeter sensitivity properly matched to the mid and the woofer amongst other things. It will also be used to properly locate and adjust the surround speakers in the basement as well as to earn a few favors by helping friends identify weaknesses in their systems and better locate their speakers.

One of my best friends has the sandblaster and painting covered. He's trading me materials, labor, and expertise for first dibs on the outdoor, audio/video, and computer equipment destined for next spring's yard sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back