Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do you want for Christmas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Groves

I wasn't sure which forum t put this in so i took a chance on this one since the answers are likely to be electronics related.

I just completed a front panel for my project and after drilling holes for the potentiometers asked my wife for a pillar drill, just means i need to buy the bench to stand it on.

Neil.

I want to be 40 years younger and still know all the things I know. Thats all I want for Christmas.

I already got it. My November Birthday/December Christmas present was a table saw.

A router table and an oscilloscope are next.

So here we are December 20th and I haven't given it much thought. Shopping for the grand kids was the highlight. I did get myself one present. I bought myself an air swimmer (actually since I was talking about them the wife pushed me to get it) and I have yet to put it together. I got the shark. Maybe after the holidays a new pistol or something. Just nothing really tripping my trigger right now. I work till Thursday then off till Jan 3rd so looking forward to relaxing, great food and some good booze. God, I have become easily pleased. :)

Ron

I'd like a new car and a couple of PIC18F4550s. I wouldn't mind having a PICkit3 either, but it's not a priority--my PK2 still works fine for me. I'd also love a new soldering station :D

Oh! and a variac would be nice too :p:D

Last edited:
I just want 15 minutes in a dark ally with Santa and Reloadrons new pistol, and maybe a good heavy length of chain too. :p

Da fat mans got some esplainen to do or its beat downs old schools style. :eek:

Last edited:
I'd like a new car and a couple of PIC18F4550s. I wouldn't mind having a PICkit3 either, but it's not a priority--my PK2 still works fine for me. I'd also love a new soldering station :D

Oh! and a variac would be nice too :p:D

I got a call from Santa, he tells me to ask what size variac. He told me if you want something like a 5 amp variac I should dig through my junk and after the holidays send you one as a belated Christmas gift. He told me I have more variacs laying around than I'll use during my lifetime.

@ tcmtech, me thinks you need some professional help. Beer through the nose on that post.... Thanks.

Ron

I got a call from Santa, he tells me to ask what size variac. He told me if you want something like a 5 amp variac I should dig through my junk and after the holidays send you one as a belated Christmas gift. He told me I have more variacs laying around than I'll use during my lifetime.

Ooh ooh! I'll message you and you can message Santa :D

I asked for a Titanium Spork, and something to keep my poor feet warm during the winter months poor circulation is a pain in the extremities.

@ tcmtech, me thinks you need some professional help. Beer through the nose on that post.... Thanks.

What can I say, Santa was a continual disappointment when I was still a good little boy.
The lying cheating greedy spoiled little brats I had for classmates got loads of good toys dumped on them every Christmas and I got squat. :mad:

One Christmas I wanted the biggest bad ass Lego set they made. Santa brought me the $5.99 ages 6 and under set instead but brought one of the little brats three of the big sets. One at his house, one at his aunt and uncles house, and one at his grand parents house. :mad:

Yea I think I got good reasons to have issues with that fat sack of miss placed toys.:p

If i dont get my PICKIT3 me and santa are gonna have to have a little talk mano e mano lmao!

Wish everybody a very joyous christmass!!

I want the names of all the bad girls. Santa keeps a list of those.

I want the names of all the bad girls. Santa keeps a list of those.

HA! Never thought of that. I already have my present. While shopping for my G/F, I found a perfect little coffe maker for my boat. I've been looking for some time; didn't want one with a glass carafe because the chance of it getting broken. Didn't like the kind with the thermo carafe either. This one has a metal carafe, and is 4 cup size. Not much, but I can always brew two pots, and it takes up very little space.

I said Santa still delivers for me. He's a fat guy with a gray beard. Well, I'm a fat guy with a gray beard. That's very convenient.

you'll have to wait till Christmas 2012 for those ;)

Nope.

After I've cut the panels for the audio racks and shelves I'm building, then I can buy the table router.

After I've built the boxes for the sealed 3-way speakers that are going in the living room, I can buy the oscilloscope.

After the individual speakers have been analyzed and custom crossovers have been assembled and installed, I can buy the audio analyzer.

The key word is after. Only after I've accomplished something do I allow myself to buy something for the next step.

It sort of sounds like you allow yourself to buy something for the previous step.

All I want is a clean workbench!
The best to all of you! E

It used to annoy me endlessly when my boss would come over and tell me to clean my bench.

A clean work bench is an unused workbench!

The fact i can never find anything is beside the point.

Neil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back