Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What do i have to do to get an answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha_Wizard

I have a Nikko Mountain Hunter with a broken remte control. If i build a remote control that works on the same frequency, is it going to work with the car?
Where can I find a schematic for a 40 mhz remote control? or where can I find a schematic for a remote control and a reciever?

remote control

:D hi there,

answer to your first question - yes

answer to your 2nd question - frankly i dont know.

suggestion: i believe you already have seen the circuit board of the remote, but dont know how to troubleshoot it, am i right? make another circuit board or maybe use the same board but that would be a sloppy board to see. buy all the parts that you see, (old resistors can still be used just check the value if it is still correct, if not replace it). there is one problem, availability of some parts, but you can post it here for directions where to get them.

when i was knew to electronic troubleshooting, thats what i did and everything is just fine. :wink:

What mean broken? Broken PCB?: with small wires resolder it. And the broken parts also changeable. Without knowing the communication system, cannot change or rebuild completely.

Don't even bother to create a new transmitter because in my experience 99.99% of R/C toys use impossible-to-get ICs for encoding and decoding data. If you are lucky you might find a data sheet for an encoder/decoder IC (again, in 90% of cases it will be in japanese).

Like Sebi suggested, if the PCB is broken, fix it with glue and repair the traces with tiny wires. Or, if you want, you can build a new transmitter/receiver pair and replace the old ones.

10x

The problem is with the IC. I can't find a new ic, so the only thing I can do is to make a new remote. I'm still looking for a schematic, so any help is welcomed.

Tha_Wizard said:
I have a Nikko Mountain Hunter with a broken remte control. If i build a remote control that works on the same frequency, is it going to work with the car?
Where can I find a schematic for a 40 mhz remote control? or where can I find a schematic for a remote control and a reciever?

If you have no luck with fixing the one you have, you may want to try talking to the manufacturer to get a new remote. Or try ebay for someone selling the model you have. If you strike out there, you're pretty much left with figuring out the controls and designing in a new x-mit/recieve and control circuit which is alot more work -but you can use any legal frequency you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back