Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Westinghouse LTV 27w2 - backlight goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

accesspoint2007

I have a Westinghouse LCD TV model LTV27 w2 and the backlight goes off all of a sudden after a few minutes. Sometimes it stays on for a few minutes and sometimes more than 30 minutes. The backlight stays forever after I turn off then turn on the unit but sometimes it takes several turning on and off for the backlight to get steady on.

Has anybody have any idea what's the cause and how it could possibly be fixed?

Thanks!

Check all electrolytic capacitors for bulging or leakage - this seems to be one of the most common failures on LCD sets.

Check all electrolytic capacitors for bulging or leakage - this seems to be one of the most common failures on LCD sets.

I inspected all caps and found no bulging capacitors. I will try to inspect the capacitors again more thoroughly.

Last edited:
another common failure is the 10pf or 12pf ceramic caps on the secondary of the backlight inverter shorting. they're rated at 6kv. they're usually small blue or yellow enameled ceramic caps next to the output connectors that go to the backlight tubes.

Thanks guys for all your inputs.

I Just got it Fixed!!!!!

I disassembled the LCD assembly and resoldered the loose backlight connector which causes the display to go off after a few minutes.

2013-03-19 13.jpg

2013-03-19 12.43.27.jpg

2013-03-19 13.05.48.jpg

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back