Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Amplifier goes into protection when turn up

cheapie408

Got a portable bluetooth speaker that just developed this issue. at very very low volume it's fine once I start hitting the 25% mark it starts to cut out and if I crank it up louder, it will go into protection. The circuitry seems pretty simple and ressembles any other small amplifier board found on Amazon. Attached is a photo of what we're dealing with.

Where do I start troubleshooting this?

At first, I was thinking about just ordering an equivalent power amp board but figure if it's a couple solder and a few simple parts might be worth a try. I removed the heatsink to see what chip it uses but it's barely readable.

Attachments

• 20230518_181550_resized.jpg
    20230518_181550_resized.jpg
    812.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 20230518_181321_resized.jpg
    20230518_181321_resized.jpg
    423.3 KB · Views: 114

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back