Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Welding course

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josephl01

Hello all,
I'm working as an FPGA designer. I am new to this job and I'm just learning it. They advised me to take up a welding course as it will be useful once I complete learning this job. I am not much aware of those courses. I found few welding courses online, but I am confused on which course to take up. Can you please guide me? Which course will be best suitable for my job??

How will welding help you as an FPGA designer? Please clarify.

Or, did some unkind soul see your soldering efforts and suggested that you would do better as a welder?

Or, is this just spam? Enquiring minds need to know.

JimB

I'm not very sure about it. As I am new to this job, they just told me that a welding course may help me in my job. They didn't insist me. I'm not completely aware of their intention on asking me to take up a course. That's why I am here to get your suggestions. I'll ask them why they told me to take up a course on welding and will let you know. They have a welding and fabrication work field too. So I thought that maybe they could've told me to take the course so that I can work there too. I'm not sure. I'll let you know once I clear all my doubts. Anyway, thanks for your opinion JimB.

Ir is worrying that you need to ask about this. Troll preparing the field for something else?

I'm sorry if my questions seem to be silly or if I sound like spam or troll. I am clueless, that's why I came here. This is my first job and I have no experience in any field of work. I thought that I could get an idea here as many will be working in different fields. Sorry for confusing you all.

... This is my first job and I have no experience in any field of work. ...
A remarkable admission. FPGA design requires a somewhat complex skill set.

There may be a certain language barrier here. I can't really tell.

A remarkable admission. FPGA design requires a somewhat complex skill set.

There may be a certain language barrier here. I can't really tell.
Reminds me of my brother.... Went for a job designing a automatic emergency power system.. It was a local hospital and when the power is out two big generators kick in, so when the power returns it must sync before kicking out...

There was a large PLC system and a whole host of programming needed...

I said " You don't program PLC's"....
He said "I do!! I did a couple of days at college"..

Alas!!! What a t*t!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back