Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Weird flickering from inputs of breadboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaleidol

As I was plugging in led i noticed shining connector points on breadboard.

The led leads were close to the connector points that shined and briefly flickered as I dragged them near to the board.

Can anyone explain this.

Shined?
You mean glowing from excessive heat as in getting too hot?

What voltages are we talking here. If you have glowing perhaps something is hooked up incorrectly. Can you provide a diagram of the set up and show where it was displaying the glow?

This is before completing a circuit. I was seeing tiny flashes inside the open connection points. See the photo.

This was happening as I dragged an led over the open connection points. Around P13

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    960.2 KB · Views: 158
You may be seeing the top of the clips that hold the wires under the plastic holes in the breadboard.

Is this circuit energized?

Perhaps static electricity discharge?

You had a light reflecting off the LED leg shining on the contacts built into the breadboard.

As the other members point out, the likeliest answer to your observation is due to light shining on the contacts.
Because the circuit is not yet complete and power is not yet applied, there is no current flowing through the circuit, to cause a 'flickering' as a component which consumes current is attached.
What has probably happened, is that you didn't notice the 'shine' from the contacts beforehand and only noticed it when the shadow from the LED legs passed over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back