Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Webcam/USB drive camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickens1127

Very few of us have money pouring out of our pockets... and when I wanted to get a Flip handheld camcorder, I grimaced at the price...

So, I was cooking up an idea. This may not work, but I have a cheap webcam, and some 2gb usb drives sitting around.

Would there be any way of connecting these, with a power source somehow, to make a handheld camcorder. Now, with a 2gb USB, how much recording time would I get? 30 minutes? More or less?

Please respond ASAP b/c I'm going to the Big Apple only for like the 8th time ever(considering I live 1 1/2 hours away) with my class on Monday and wanna record it without using my big 60gb hard drive hd camcorder

You have two USB devices, to hook them together you need a host such as a laptop or notebook computer. Besides, what could you store in 2gb? To get an idea, divide your 60gb camcorder by 30!!!

Last edited:
**broken link removed**
50 bucks is too much for you? Then again you'll probably spend 50 bucks for a big SD card as well.

You have to pay for the features you want, no way around it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back