Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

web based schedule to actuator for horse feeder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

Im looking to build a box with an actuator to open its lid. I'd like to set a schedule, preferably webbased, for the lid to open and close. Best would be if the box is standalone / uses a battery. What options are there and where can i learn to design such a box?

Thanks!

There is a lot of info if you search for "chicken coop door" believe it or not here ETO and AAC. You can also look for automatic dog dishers.

A possibility that might exist for use is a grain auger, a weight sensor and a door. I'm assuming food or hay.

The horse is pretty strong. You might look at linear actuators. the simplest, non-web based is linear actuator, limit switches and an astronomic timer. With those timers you can set times like 1 hr after sunset ON and 11:30pm OFF.

"smart relays" such as manufactured by idec may be useful. The problem becomes power and time-keeping. Solar might be an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back