Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

wave machine controller help! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

freckle101

hi guys

probably a simple question for some, but not me :eek:

i am building an Aquarium wave machine - i have a pump which i need to control and the wave action is done :D

the pump transformer has a din 5 fitting - one wire is positive, one is negative one is control

i just hooked a 555 astable to the control and that's done - when output is hight the pump is on

BUT! i am now trying to add a feeder function where i have a monostable that turns the pump off for 5 mins or so while i feed my fish then the pump starts again

now the part i am struggling on is hooking it up to the control pin - i think i need it wired so that the astable turns off when the monostable is triggered

i have managed to do it the other way round where the astable is off unless the monostable is triggered by powering the astable from the output of the monostable but thats no use really :( - so how do i make it do the opposite?

if anyone could help me out that would be great

thanks alot

Ste

Use the monostable to keep the astable in reset condition until the mono times out.

Here is a circuit disabling the pump for 300 seconds (5 minutes). Pump interval is set to 0.5Hz.

Boncuk

Attachments

• WAVE.gif
    WAVE.gif
    17.7 KB · Views: 132
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back