Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Wave generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kane2oo2

Hey all
ive built my power supply now...all working nicely. The next thing i would like to build (instead of buying) would be a waveform generator.
I would like one that has the different waveforms (square, sinusoidal, triangle, etc) and has a wide freq range (pref 1 - 10k +).

Does anybody know of any decent stable circuits?

kane

I purchased one because they are not terribly expensive (short of the Agilent fully digital synthesizers). In any case, there are many synthesizer parts available from maxim, etc. I would start there.

wave gen

:D hi kane

is XR2206 available to you? if so i have the working circuit which am using now but am in the process of upgrading it (thanx to johnson777717) by adding somemore functions based on manufacturers design. :D

wave gen

:D hi,

have never tried asking for a sample from the manufacturer of the XR2206. try them as https://www.exar.com

also try rs component, i get some of my parts there, they can sell 1 unit but cost a lot more. :D

Try get a sample from Maxim. I've received two free sample of MAX038 about years ago. The chip can work up to 20MHz!

Try get a sample from Maxim. I've received two free sample of MAX038 about years ago. The chip can work up to 20MHz!

The most common circuits I have seen for waveform generators use this IC, Maxim even supply a couple of circuit ideas for how to use it.

I also got two from Maxim a few years back as a sample, but unfortunately i haven't had the time to work on it yet.

Have a look at the application notes for this device on the Maxim webstie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back