Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Level Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohin

Hello, I need some help with a circuit, for monitoring water level in an overhead tank. The diagram and description is attached. I need to modify the circuit in such a way to add a switch, that when pressed would turn off the buzzer, or the speaker, for a time period of 1 hr. After that, the alarm should again sound. This must occur for low and high water levels.

I think a capacitor, properly connected can do the work. I can't determine where to place the capacitor.

Somebody please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Rohin

Attachments

• DSC01009 (Large).JPG
    DSC01009 (Large).JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 300
Last edited:
Hi,

Cannot see all of your diagram very well but think the following should help.

A 555 timer in monostable mode and triggered by a push switch would do the job, powering a relay which would cut the signal or power to your buzzer.

Many such circuits of this on the web, or see a 555 data sheet.

Just wonder about your logic though - why have an alarm and then ignore it for a hour ?

The diagram also depends on the water to be a very good conductor, better be some salts in it.
There is no amplification of the 14VAC to the LEDs via the water so it may not work as designed. Dirty/salty water might help but clean water has fairly high resistance. Water that conductive will probably corrode the terminals too.

PS it looks like one of those might work / might not schematics from the https://www.electronicsforu.com/electronicsforu/lab/site.

Ahh yes, here it is.
**broken link removed**

Last edited:
richard.c said:
Hi,

Cannot see all of your diagram very well but think the following should help.

A 555 timer in monostable mode and triggered by a push switch would do the job, powering a relay which would cut the signal or power to your buzzer.

Many such circuits of this on the web, or see a 555 data sheet.

Just wonder about your logic though - why have an alarm and then ignore it for a hour ?

my project is exactly the same one that blueroomelectronics has pointed out.

about my logic, it is to give the overflowing water to subside, once the water level gets high, and to give time to turn on a motor, if the water level is low.
otherwise, the alarm will be sounding until the conditions get cancelled, and might be irritating.

I was pointing out IMHO its a poor design. A float based design might work (gastank, toilet are float designs)
I'd google for a better design, I'm sure there are lots on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back