Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Water Detector Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamadam

Hey i'm building a remote control boat and while the boat is out in the water i'd like to have some detector to let me know if i get any water in the bilge. i was looking at the velleman water detector kit ( https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2009/07/VEMK108.pdf ) but i want it to turn on a pump, can i just add some kind of relay that will swith on my pump, the pump will only be hooked to a 12v or maybe its own 6 v battery

thanks

I've used these Velleman kits to control pumps: **broken link removed**

ken

okay i was looking at that one but it has more than what i needs, but i'll give it a try, i'll just have to give it its own power, two 9 volts should do

I have some "MicroSwitches" in my junk box which have a long actuator arm. The amount of force required to trip the switch (as applied to the end of the 2" long lever) is a few oz. A small float attached to the lever would make a small float switch...

ADAM,

How deep does the water get in the bilge before you want to pump. This will determine if a float switch (that simplest solution) can be leveraged.

ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back