Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WANT TO MAKE WIRELESS EARBUDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DGODOFD

Hello,
I am new here and I would like to know how to to make wireless earbuds. Is there a way to change normail earbuds(phone earbuds) into wireless earbuds?
I think all you really need is to get radio transmitter/receiver right?
Please help me.

Hy DGODOFD,

Welcome to ETO. I see you are from Slovinia. I only spent a day there when our cruise ship docked but it seems like a beautiful country.:cool:

If you want to have the wireless electronics built into each earbud, that would not really be practical, I don't think. But if you wanted a small battery powered unit that you carried in a pocket, yes that would be fairly straight forward using bluetooth for example. You would then plug conventional earbuds into that module. Please let us know if this is acceptable.

spec

Oh hello,
I didn't expect such a quick response and thank you for kind words. Yeah I think that was just an opinion I was looking for (if it's even practical or not at all). If you say that I should try bluetooth I believe you so therefore it's acceptable. I want to know why isn't practical though.

Hello,
I am new here and I would like to know how to to make wireless earbuds. Is there a way to change normail earbuds(phone earbuds) into wireless earbuds?
I think all you really need is to get radio transmitter/receiver right?
Please help me.
Ohh, hello!
Like spec said, bluetooths are more convenience. BUT you should know: Any most UHF wave are harm to the health. This problem was mentioned long time ago by scientists but it isn't talked too much by people until there were a lot of victims of mobile phone's UHF radiations appeared. Bluetooth also affect our like mobile phone, and even stronger. Bluetooth are about 2.4GHz, mobile phone radiations are 800-1080MHz (was I wrong?).
So, if you are still young and don't have children yet, you should not do with bluetooth for a long time per days.
(Bluetooth are can be interfered by USB 3.0)

Radio tran/receiver like AM and FM can be use but will pretty clumsy with circuit like superhet type. Other type are simple but hard to tuning and big (antenna...). Audio quality also be limited by transmit and receive method.

I have another idea. Infra-red! They are limited by direction, place because they almost like normal light (of course they are invisble). They have advantage are harmless, easy to transmit and pick-up.

Ohh, hello!
Like spec said, bluetooths are more convenience. BUT you should know: Any most UHF wave are harm to the health. This problem was mentioned long time ago by scientists but it isn't talked too much by people until there were a lot of victims of mobile phone's UHF radiations appeared. Bluetooth also affect our like mobile phone, and even stronger. Bluetooth are about 2.4GHz, mobile phone radiations are 800-1080MHz (was I wrong?).
So, if you are still young and don't have children yet, you should not do with bluetooth for a long time per days.

Radio tran/receiver like AM and FM can be use but will pretty clumsy with circuit like superhet type. Other type are simple but hard to tuning and big (antenna...). Audio quality also be limited by transmit and receive method.

I have another idea. Infra-red! They are limited by direction, place because they almost like normal light (of course they are invisble). They have advantage are harmless, easy to transmit and pick-up.

Thank you for your opinion. It is very eye-opening, since I didn't know BlueTooth can do that much harm to people. Can you tell me about infra-red edition? is it hard to build? what is it's purpouse?
Regards

Any most UHF wave are harm to the health. This problem was mentioned long time ago by scientists but it isn't talked too much by people until there were a lot of victims of mobile phone's UHF radiations appeared.

Do you have the slightest evidence for your claims?, as far as I know there's never been a single confirmed 'victim' of UHF radiation - never mind a 'lot'.

Do you have the slightest evidence for your claims?, as far as I know there's never been a single confirmed 'victim' of UHF radiation - never mind a 'lot'.
Yes, many victims, but no more than peoples in a big city.
Do you radars, esp. military radars? No reason to say "No". A significant amounts of soldiers work in radar towers became infertility after long time. Many people became dementia because of using mobile phone so much per days. My friends who live near mobile phone towers said they usually feel headache since the towers became in operation, so they move to new place although many new problems raising. I always think: "For everybody's heath first".

Thank you for your opinion. It is very eye-opening, since I didn't know BlueTooth can do that much harm to people. Can you tell me about infra-red edition? is it hard to build? what is it's purpouse?
Regards
No, not hard, much more simple than any RF circuit (except spark gap transmitter and crystal detector :D:D:D). Do you already know about photo-transistor? What I want mention here is IR photo-transistors, they are somethings may look like this:

product4-s.jpg

If you don't want to buy, you can extract from IR controlled-car or helicopter (type without antenna in the top):

No, not hard, much more simple than any RF circuit (except spark gap transmitter and crystal detector :D:D:D). Do you already know about photo-transistor? What I want mention here is IR photo-transistors, they are somethings may look like this:

product4-s.jpg

If you don't want to buy, you can extract from IR controlled-car or helicopter (type without antenna in the top):

hmm I am new in this things, but I know about photo.transistors, I mean I made an attachment for my phone so it cathces IR signals... What I want to say is, that in this case treat me like a beginner.
BTW. For my phone I got IR transistor from my tv-remote

Simple but not bad circuit:
ir-cordless-headphone-circuit-diagram.png

I don't know much about BEL187 transistor but in this circuit you can use sth like BD139 or any NPN medium-power transistors like TIP41, 2SD822.

Ohh, hello!

Hy Nikolai,

You are wise to be cautious about the danger of electromagnetic radiation but it is a matter of degree. Standards have been defined to ensure personal safety including the bluetooth standard.

It is a good suggestion to use infrared frequencies, but like light they to are electromagnetic radiation too. In fact, we are surrounded by electromagnetic radiation of all sorts all the time. The major and overwhelming source is the sun, but also lightning, radio transmitters from VLF to UHF to microwaves and mobile phones have relatively high level radio transmitters that people place on their face.

By comparison bluetooth would be at a relatively low level because the op would not have a transmitter in his unit, just a receiver.

I suspect that the fears you mention are based on pseudo science scare stories promulgated by the media for their own ends- mostly to sell newspapers.

Other scare stories are: upsetting the gods, global cooling (1970s), global warming (current), sleeping with plants in the room, not breast feeding babies, eating/drinking: fat, Coca cola, sugar, coffee, salt, red meat.., using mobile phones, year 2000... The list is endless.

spec

Last edited:
hmm can you show me a picture of a final product?
I have not made yet, I am not very much interested in wireless applications. My headphone still "wire-full" :D. But look at the schematic, I think it will work well but YOU NEED TO MAKE THE EARBUD's RECEIVER FACE TO TO FACE WITH THE TRANSMITTER WITHIN 5M TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN CONTINUE TO HEAR SOUNDS.

I have not made yet, I am not very much interested in wireless applications. My headphone still "wire-full" :D. But look at the schematic, I think it will work well but YOU NEED TO MAKE THE EARBUD's RECEIVER FACE TO TO FACE WITH THE TRANSMITTER WITHIN 5M TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN CONTINUE TO HEAR SOUNDS.

Ohh well, I am still wired myself too. I just want to learn to build such gadgets? I don't know the right expression... How big do you think is this things when finished? And this is very hard project for me, don't know if I will be able to do it.

Ah but where did they get their fears from. :)

spec
Some of my friends were live near cell towers, I have talk about they problems in previous posts. . I know and often talk with veteran who were in battles in Vietnam war, some (not all, not half or quarter) of they became infertility after war, but before war the have married and have a (or more) son/daughter.

Last edited:
Ohh well, I am still wired myself too. I just want to learn to build such gadgets? I don't know the right expression... How big do you think is this things when finished? And this is very hard project for me, don't know if I will be able to do it.
The receiver might smaller than a match box without battery. The receiver board may larger than matchbox a little before add 9V battery. I don't expect it will small enough to intergrate with the earbud but at least it is "pocket" like old type mobile phone.

Some of my friends were live near cell towers, I have talk about they problems in previous posts. . I know and often talk with veteran who were in battles in Vietnam war, some (not all, not half or quarter) of they became fertility after war, but before war the have married and have a (or more) son/daughter.
I am not saying that radiation, of all frequencies, cannot be dangerous- it can. It is all a matter of degree. To put it in fundamental terms, if low level radiation were dangerous, we would all be dead because wqe are all exposed to it continuously. :)

spec

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back