Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

WANT TO MAKE WIRELESS EARBUDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The receiver might smaller than a match box without battery. The receiver board may larger than matchbox a little before add 9V battery. I don't expect it will small enough to intergrate with the earbud but at least it is "pocket" like old type mobile phone.
Yes, that is what I think.
spec

Last edited:
I am not saying that radiation cannot be dangerous- it can. It is all a matter of degree. To put it in fundamental terms, if low level radiation were dangerous, we would all be dead. :)

spec
Yes. If I use bluetooth not too too much and not near my head or groin, no problem! But mobile phone are more dangerous, they radiation are much more stronger. When you use phone to call, you often put it near the head; when you go somewhere, you put it in the pocket if you don't want drop it into the backpack........... all of those action make a change for UHF radiations attack you.
But I also want to say: in the same high-level of radiations, bluetooth radiation might kill us faster than mobile phone ones.

Oh hello,
I didn't expect such a quick response and thank you for kind words. Yeah I think that was just an opinion I was looking for (if it's even practical or not at all). If you say that I should try bluetooth I believe you so therefore it's acceptable. I want to know why isn't practical though.

Putting the receiver, wireless or infrared, the amplifier, and batteries in a module small enough to attach to each earbud would be a physical challenge, simply because of the size and weight.

The separate unit approach would be a lot simpler and could probably be realized with two off-the-shelf units: transmitter and receiver.

One approach may be to use a mobile phone as the receiver. I haven't thought this though yet, though.

spec

Last edited:
Putting the receiver, wireless or infrared, the amplifier, and batteries in a module small enough to attach to each earbud would be a physical challenge, simply because of the size and weight.
The separate unit approach would be a lot simpler and could probably be realized with two off-the-shelf units: transmitter and reciever.

One approach may be to use a mobile phone as the receiver. I haven't thought this though yet, though.

spec

When you think this through tell me and I will need a lot of help I am afraid.

Make a FM transmitter and use "FM radio" in the mobile phone? Was I think like you?
This is simplest approach.
But most mobile phones are heavier and bigger than a discrete receiver, but no if DGODOFD have "scrollable (flexible) mobile phone".

When you think this through tell me and I will need a lot of help I am afraid.
Don't worry there are many members on ETO knowledgeable in this area. Don't worry about help either; that will not be a problem. We were all inexperienced at one time. Although I suspect that some ETO members poped out with a soldering iron in their hands.:D

spec

Last edited:
Make a FM transmitter and use "FM radio" in the mobile phone? Was I think like you?
This is simplest approach.
But most mobile phones are heavier and bigger than a discrete receiver, but no if DGODOFD have "scrollable (flexible) mobile phone".

I was thinking possibly use one of the old small phones. Am I right in saying that as long as it has a bluetooth (sorry) interface, it would not need to use the main RF channel?

spec

I was thinking possibly use one of the old small phones. Am I right in saying that as long as it has a bluetooth (sorry) interface, it would not need to use the main RF channel?

spec
But most phones have "FM radio" fearture, why shouldn't use it instead of bluetooth? This will allow to use old phones like Motorola or Nokia ones. Simple FM transmitter can be far from the receiver for 100m, of worst posible: 10m.

But most phones have "FM radio" fearture, why shouldn't use it instead of bluetooth? This will allow to use old phones like Motorola or Nokia ones. Simple FM transmitter can be far from the receiver for 100m, of worst posible: 10m.

Yes, that is a thought.

As you have pointed out, IR would be a bit directional and might limit your position in a room.

spec

Anyway to buy this kit in Slovenia easily?
I don't know Nikolai. Availability in a particular area is always a problem- as you know.

I am not necessarily recommending that specific module for this application.

spec

The schematic:
3256738336_d47e281c23.jpg

tda2822m-integrated-circuit-audio-amplifier.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back