Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want to identify an ic with marking F050

Status
Not open for further replies.

spdy

I shall be grateful if somebody could help me identify an ic with three pins on one side and two on the other. This may be same size as SOT23 but thicker.
It is in an audio device, no circuit available, probably controls battery charging.
Thanks.

A picture would be a lot better but I do see a lot of results on google for sot23-5 "F050". You'd really need to dig in and figure out how its working on your board first then you may could figure out what your looking for.

Nigel and narkeleptk,
Thanks for your messages. Unfortunately, I have not had so much luck on google, will continue trying.
With best wishes.

Nigel and narkeleptk,
Thanks for your messages. Unfortunately, I have not had so much luck on google, will continue trying.

Unfortunately it's often impossible to make any sense of SM labelling.

Drawing the circuit out could give you some clue as to what kind of device it might be, but as I mentioned a lot of switch-mode converters use that shape.

I recently used one of these **broken link removed**. I had to work out the circuit so I could lift the enable pin and solder a wire to it. It's not too hard.

Mike.

I recently used one of these **broken link removed**. I had to work out the circuit so I could lift the enable pin and solder a wire to it. It's not too hard.

Mike.

Interestingly I was considering the exact same thing just last Friday :D If you'd mentioned it, I have the schematic for those boards, so locating the enable pin would be no issue.

Rather strangely, that chip has six pins (most only have five), but one isn't used.

Bit fiddly to lift a pin and solder a wire to it, and it's for a commercial product (so would only have been a test anyway), so I've ordered some similar 5 pin Texas chips to build on my own boards to evaluate, and then eventually build it on my main PCB.

Have you measured consumption with the enable pin turned OFF, how low does it go?.

Nigel and Mike,
Thanks for your messages. So far I have been able to see an ic offered on Aliexpress with marking F050, that appears to be LD2980ABM50TR of STmicroelectronics, the description states Ultra low drop voltage regulators compatible with low ESR output capacitors. The number 1 pin of this seems to be connected to the anode of a common cathode double diode through a 57ohm resistor, the anode is also connected to a rechargeable 7.4 volt battery(positive end). The number 5 pin seems to be an NC (as also shown in the LD2980ABM50TR datasheet) and output may be 5 volts on number 4 pin.
The number 2 pin shows ground (as perhaps in datasheet) and number three is inhibit pin going to the other side of the board unable find out where as yet.
Here is a picture of the pcb. The double diode is just above where you can read 12 volts and the F050 is on its right (lower side of PCB)
With best wishes.
1575806032127.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back