Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

want some help (beginner projecs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilclarke

hi i need some help

my brother is 11 years old and has go ADHD and now he has expressed an interese in electronics.
Me and my parents want to do this to get him off of the computer as he spends in access of 5 - 7 hours a day on it.

We have currently got him multipul colours of LED's, some 5v regulators, resistors, breadboard 1 large 2 small, push to make tactil switchs and various other parts.
We would really appretiate some ideas for begginer projects.

When I was about that age Radio Shack had an experimenter's kit. Here is something that has 500 projects: **broken link removed** They also have a 300 project kit too that's cheaper.

From my understanding people with ADHD often have a ability to fully apply themselves to a application if it has an interest to them,
I commend you on trying to help your brother.

It is not well supported on this forum, but would recommend you look into the Picaxe chip,
it is a micro processor that is very easy to use and will allow your brother to write simple or advanced programs to control the functions of the chip.

You might say its a electronic kit all within a single chip (although there is a range of chips with various abilities of functions) as for a starter i would recommend the small 08M chip.

The picaxe is very well supported with it own forum (search picaxe forum)

This approach will allow many different projects or applications to be done from a single circuit.

As he presently spends many hours at the pc, a few hours constructing a program to run basic functions could be stimulating to his requirements.

To give an insight...... the Picaxe chips was designed for school kids to use, and the rest of us have taken it and driven the wheels off it because it is so easy to use, and so versatile and its fun to push it to its limits.

I am happy to help get you started if you think this is of interest to your brother.

Pete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back