Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Want a new laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pommie

Most Helpful Member
This is funny. Go to **broken link removed** and read the part about 1 page down. I don't think it will last long though.

Mike.

Did you read the bit entitled "DIFFERENT WAYS YOU CAN STEAL THIS LAPTOP OFF ME:"

Mike.

I thought it was just a great starting price, yes it's worth reading the whole post :)
Such dry british humor, sounds a little like Basil Fawlty is the seller.

blueroomelectronics said:
Such dry british humor, sounds a little like Basil Fawlty is the seller.

That name sounds familiar... Is that a TV show? Fawlty Towers, isn't it?

Yep Fawlty Towers was great stuff.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Fawlty
Basil is a snobbish, miserly, xenophobic and sexually repressed paranoiac misanthrope who is desperate to belong to a higher social class. He sees the successful running of the hotel as a means of achieving this ("turn it into an establishment of class..."), yet his job forces him to be pleasant to people he despises or aspires to be above socially. His unstoppable wife Sybil will often get in the way of Basil's treatment towards the guests, often trying to bridge the peace, or pick up the pieces, to quite limited avail.
Hmm sounds like some of us :) replace "hotel" with "forum"

Faulty towers (or floury twats) was just brilliant. Did you guys get "Yes Minister", another of my favourites.

Mike.

I only saw a few episodes of Fawlty Towers, and it was pretty funny. Much better than some other PBS shows...

I also like Keeping up Appearances. That is hilarious. :D

Yeah, they only made one season...
In my opinion, the best British show going around at the moment is TopGear... Those guys are so funny... I watch it more for the stupidity rather than the cars.

Back on topic, lol, the link is cactus.
Other than that, I've used an Asus EEEPC - did a bit of a test drive for my high school... for someone like me who has fairly large hands, you end up hitting about 3 keys at once by accident, but that would be my only gripe, it's perfect for basic things like word processing, excel, powerpoint, internet access, msn etc.
Obviously you're not able to run MatLAB on it =P

EroSennin

I sure hope not, blueroomelectronics...

Eh Pommie,
Speaking of the old classic's like farty towels and yes minsister, years ago I remember watching a show called ' it aint half hot mum ' where the brits took the **** out of the indians. I've tried to find some dvd's thru the ABC but I was told it was considered too racist and wont be re-produced. It's shame as I reckon it was of the most funniest shows I ever saw while growing up.

Cheers Bryan

I'm talking about the space issues. As the ones we have in Australia are only 4GB Flash memory, and you only have 2.5GB left...

erosennin said:
Yeah, they only made one season...
In my opinion, the best British show going around at the moment is TopGear... Those guys are so funny... I watch it more for the stupidity rather than the cars.

I have to agree. Top gear is incredibly funny. Did you see the one where they drove across america and got attacked by a hillbillie lynch mob?

Haha that was hilarious... so what, a bit of graffiti didn't hurt anyone lol...
Among other things, when they set the carwash on fire, that was classic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back