Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcaluma

hi!..
please help me on what i.c. will i use to have a circuit (funtion is a digital voltmeter)...i'm going to use it on a system to monitor power supplies.
the circuit would be measuring couple of supplies...5V/150A, 12V/50A, 15V/50A, 30V/30A, and 72V/30A....my plan is to interface it with a PIC microcontroller then to a pc....
this concept was got from the harware monitoring of some motherboards like ASUS and VIA...

jcaluma said:
hi!..
please help me on what i.c. will i use to have a circuit (funtion is a digital voltmeter)...i'm going to use it on a system to monitor power supplies.
the circuit would be measuring couple of supplies...5V/150A, 12V/50A, 15V/50A, 30V/30A, and 72V/30A....my plan is to interface it with a PIC microcontroller then to a pc....
this concept was got from the harware monitoring of some motherboards like ASUS and VIA...

If your plan is to interface it to a PIC then to a PC, choose a PIC with internal A2D to start with - the 16F876 have 5 analogue inputs, plus sufficient other I/O to feed an LCD display and a serial output to the PC.

thanks!!..
is that PIC capable to have a high power input AC like for example 5V/150A, or 72V/30A?....

jcaluma said:
thanks!!..
is that PIC capable to have a high power input AC like for example 5V/150A, or 72V/30A?....

The current has nothing to do with it, a voltmeter only measures volts, you can simply use potential dividers (two resistors) to provide the volts ranges you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back