Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage to frequency converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamooooot

linear voltage to frequency converter is it even exist ?
i have a homework to design a linear resistance to frequency converter , it's okay that i can change the resistance to voltage but the problem is in converting the voltage to frequency it seems like no circuit can do that , there's but all circuit's are very complicated , i design a circuit to change the sensed change in voltage to a current via voltage control current source with I = V (unit gain) , then this current is connected in parallel with both a resistor and a capacitor (i think it's all wrong) , but the main problem is how do i create a change in frequency and what is the appropriate elements to detect it ??????
please simplify as much as possible ...

the circuit :
**broken link removed**

How about connecting the output voltage of your capacitor to one input of an additional comparator. Connect the other input of the added comparator to a fixed reference voltage. Arrange for the output of the added comparator to short your capacitor out (say through a relay, or voltage controlled switch) when the voltage across your capacitor exceeds the fixed reference voltage. The amount of time it takes for the voltage across the capacitor to exceed the fixed reference voltage is determined by the value of your current source (and thus your circuit's input voltage). That amount of time will be the period between the repeated trippings of the comparator.

What frequency range? What operating voltage? What I.C. components can you use?

Actually, there is a section for homework questions for students, and your query may be moved. In the mean time, have you Googled "V to F converter"?

Also known as a VCO... Voltage Controlled Oscillator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back