Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage to Freq converter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, you have some problems with your connections. I will write more when I get back to town ( on the road right now )

V- for the5V connected to Rpu, and v- for the 0-10V source should be connected to the "common" point. You have them connected to -15V.

Thanks. i sorted out the circuit connection

Now the output Fout at pin 7 is inverted.

i connected a pull-up resister to 5V as indicated in circuit. anybody can help?

picture in next post?

Attachments

• 2dr998g.jpg
    2dr998g.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 8vuheg.jpg
    8vuheg.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
**broken link removed**

8vuheg-jpg.53468

Attachments

• 8vuheg.jpg
    8vuheg.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 120
  • yjij4.jpg
    yjij4.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 115
Last edited:
Why don't you tell us what those traces are? We can't read your mind.

If the top trace is fout, then it should be inverted. That's what the output transistor does.

Last edited:
Fout should be this waveform. the Vint waveform pass thru the one shot circuitry.
VTF____waveform.JPG

but my circuit Fout produced this waveform. it seems like a inverted.
Scan0007 V to f waveform desc.JPG

Attachments

• Scan0007 V to f waveform.JPG
    Scan0007 V to f waveform.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Look at the timing relationship between your waveform and the published one. They are the same. What exactly do you think is wrong? What value resistor did you use for the pullup? Your output should be a square wave, so I'm thinking your pullup is too low.

Why don't you tell us what those traces are? We can't read your mind.

If the top trace is fout, then it should be inverted. That's what the output transistor does.
so output waveform inverted is correct? the duty cycle of my Fout is opposite of the published schematics.

i am using 4.7KOhms as pull-up resistor for 5V.

Ok you're right, it is inverted ( I'm cross-eyed this morning ) And it's distorted. The good news is you're much closer than you were before. Check your pullup resistor with an ohmmeter, make sure it's connected to positive voltage, that you don't have the pullup voltage reversed, disconnect anything else from the output. At this point, it's a matter of carefully checking your connections.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back