Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Rise Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnimeChickLover

I am currently trying to create an circuit which will emit a pulse when the input voltage is increased from 0 to a non-zero value.
I remember learning about a circuit which does this in the past but my memory has gone completely blank.

Could anyone help me?

Thank you

A comparator (set so that the output becomes high when input >0V) followed by a monostable timer (for the pulse generation)?

AnimeChickLover said:
Thank you for the reply
I worded the question very badly.

Is it possible to create a pulse when the circuit detects a permanent change in voltage?
It seems that the monostable timer requires a trigger to take effect.
But in my scenario, I need a method to send a pulse as fast as possible after the change occurs

The output of the comparator goes high when the input becomes >0V.
The output of the monostable goes high when the comparator output goes high.
The output of the monostable goes low again after some time.

There will be a propagation delay caused by all parts in the circuit, but that may or may not be an issue for you; it depends on your timing requirements and can likely be resolved using faster component models.

I've attached the block diagram and expected waveforms as an image.

If you have a different need, please explain again as I didn't understand it.

Attachments

• comparator pulse gen.png
    comparator pulse gen.png
    13.6 KB · Views: 144
wow, thank you so much
I was confused because when I looked at the 555 in monostable mode it required the trigger to be lower than Vsource

thank you,

You're welcome.

If you did want to use a 555 to generate the pulse, you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back