Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Regulator (LM317T)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicksydney

I'm in the middle of making voltage regulator using the LM317T and there are lots of schematics that I can use for it, but there are few things that I want to understand better about the schematics. Attached is a picture of a few schematics that I found on the 'net using LM317(T). I've labelled the area/parts that I'm referring below and please correct me if I understand it correctly:

(A) This capacitor is used to ground any voltage spike that might happen
(B) This capacitor is also the same as capacitor in (A) except this is to ground any output voltage spike
(C) Series of resistors is to adjust the LM317 to output the voltage that we want
(D) The diode is to make sure there are no current going back through the LM317 in case if the load introduce any
(E) Not sure what is the function of this diode
(F) This diode function is the same as (D) except this is near the input
(G1) & (G2) I'm confused about the difference between these 2 and how one is better than the other

Thanks for your kind help.

hi,
Look at page 6/14 of the datasheet circuit for an adjustable circuit, and description.

I would never fit that 'F' diode.

I think you will see G1 and G2 are the same..;)

Last edited:
hi,
Look at page 6/14 of the datasheet circuit for an adjustable circuit, and description.

I would never fit that 'F' diode.

I think you will see G1 and G2 are the same..;)

Hi,

Can't download the .pdf file or perhaps you can provide the link to the datasheet ?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back