Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage ratings for pic81f2580

Status
Not open for further replies.

einton

hi guys i have one question though person must himself understood it but i think it is better not to do experementing with the things which are not easily available, refer to the data sheet of pic18f2580 it quotes
Voltage on VDD with respect to VSS {-0.3V to +7.5V}
Voltage on MCLR with respect to VSS 0V to +13.25V

i normally uses 5v dc supply, but i m finding that there is not enough voltage on vpp/mclr so if i connects mclr directly(no resistor) to 5v supply or in other case if i use 6.5 v dc supply for microcontroller surely it will not provide any damage.

Last edited:
The only reason to put a higher voltage on vpp/mclr than vdd is to put the chip into programming mode. The Pickit 2 or other programmer you use should do this for you.

For normal running, you'd tie mclr to vdd with a pull-up resistor. If you want to reset the PIC with a reset button or something, have it ground out mclr. If you're using ICSP, you'll want a high-enough value pull-up resistor so the programming voltage doesn't bleed excessively into the Vdd pin, or include a diode in the pull-up circuit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back