Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

actl2000

good day...i got some problem explanation of difference between 110V and 120V.
i am technician in repairing some machine...as i know for above mention it is not much difference in between voltage coz differrence country used difference voltage to operated their device...and as long the input device voltage lower that the source so it can operated well...is this correct???
how about the Hz got any efect for AC power motor ...
base on engineer cct design is the current take the important role to assure the machice function well???
hope u all can understand my problem

do hear ur comment and advise.

thank you.

Something which is designed for 120v will probably work OK at 110v, but may not be quite as powerfull.
Something designed for 110v will probably work OK at 120v, but may run hot and will wear out (fail) sooner.

A induction motor which runs at 2000 rpm on a 50hz supply will run at 2000 x 6/5 =2400 rpm on a 60hz supply.

A transformer designed for a 60hz supply will run hotter when used with a 50hz supply.

Short quick answers, do they help you?

JimB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back