Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage from PortB0

Status
Not open for further replies.

uaefame

I am using a pic16F84.
I want to send a high signal to the gate of a transistor.
I thought 16F84 send 5V to the gate but when i measured it with a multimeter i found that PortB0 when its high it gives 2V is it strange.

My question is what is the voltage in PORTB0 if no resistor is connect and what is the current that is generated.

If you are running your pic at 5V then the output voltage should be 4.3V. The maximum current that the pin can supply is 25mA.

Mike.

Interesting, 4.3V i heard it alot. i am runing my pic at 5V but when i read the voltage its 2V i connect the + of the multimeter on PORTB0 and - on the ground any one know why i read 2V???

Load current mun. Sure your DVM is there, but what else is the pin driving?

I had this problem with my PIC, turned out my program was rapidly turning the output on and off, effectively performing PWM.

It's probably only on half the time. Maybe your code resets after a few instructions or the WDT resets it. Try writing code that sets the pin and then does a long delay.

I am assuming you have nothing connected to the pin.

Mike.

Problem solved, i was using 9V battery but this battery was drain and now it become 4.6V when i connect it to LM7805 it gives 2.6V.

Sorry for the bad post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back