Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage drop monitor across load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

Do two 1.3KΩ 1/4W in series add to 2.6KΩ 1/2W? The power and resistance both add up?
Yes two 1.3k resistors in series make 2.6k. Each resistor will share the voltage and have only 12.5V across it so the power in each resistor is 0.01A x 12.5V= 0.125W which is fine for a 1/4W resistor.
I have never seen a 1.3k resistor so I would use two 1.2k resistors in series. The current is increased slightly to 12.5V/1.2k= 10.4mA which is fine for the LED and the power in each 1.2k resistor is also increased slightly to 10.4mA x 12.5V= 0.175W which is fine for a 1/4W resistor.

I know the 5% resistor series includes 1.3k but I have never seen one. I have also never seen 1.1k.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back