Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Doubler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thtere's no need to be like that, he was responding just to my question.

wmmullaney said:
I want a multi purpose 5v supply.
What current do you require?

How about using six rechargable AA batteries and a low dropout regulator?

We still need to know what is going to be connected to the PIC. The PIC itself shouldn't need much current at all, but most likely that's not all you are doing with it.

Just go out and buy yourself a Wall adapter for 9V. Put a 5V regulator on it.

Done.

wmmullaney said:
I just went out and bought a 5v wall supply, 350 mA I think...Is that enough for a PIC and a 4x4 LED array?

More than enough! A 4x4 display would use around 160ma. Make sure that you have a 5v output, a PIC can run on 2V to 5.5V, so make sure it is well regulated for best performance.

I bet the power supply is a cheap unregulated one. Its output voltage is probably about 9V or higher at a low current. It will fry the PIC without a voltage regulator.

Yeah, if it is at 5V. What is the ma rating of the batteries in the camera?

Does it charge through USB? If so, not without the regulator. The USB Vbus is regulated, so if you are trying to emulate power from a USB port you need it to be regulated.

If it charges through a different jack, it is impossible to tell without knowing details about the camera.

Again.... We need more details!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back