Voltage divider, decrease the output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello Electro Tech Awesome

I am working with something prebuilt that uses a potentiometer as a voltage divider.

The voltage input is 3v and it should normally (middle positioned) have 1,5v.

This works fine, but I want to lower the gain of the output voltage. Lets say that I normally would have moved the potentiometer so it had an output of 1.7v but I rather want it to be 1.6v. Same goes for moving the potentiometer in the other direction, giving me 1.3v but I want 1.4v

I want it to be more precise, and I don't care that I lose some of my higher values.

But can it even be done in a simple way? I thought maybe a parallel voltage divider would work, it does abit, but it then differs the value from what side I go to from the middle position. Scaling from 1.1v - 1.5v and 1.5v - 2.4v

Can this be done in any way?

This is what I did so far I had an idea this would work, and I wont figure out why just now
The green circle is my newly added voltage divider.

PICTURE:
https://simonelectronics.weebly.com/electro-tech-online.html

Last edited:
hi Simon.
If I am following you correctly, all you need is low value resistors from the pot to 0v

Whats the value of the pot on ohms.?
E

I wrote on picture that it is 0.7k each side (1.4k together), but that is wrong. The potmeter is 3.2k in total, I just measured this correctly.

What you are saying sounds for me as the same as what I have done. I may not change the 1.5v that is in the middle position. It is a potmeter with a spring, used on a RC transmitter for planes and stuff.
And sry bout the pictures showing girls, advertising on the upload side aparently.
Thanks in advange

Last edited:
You do something like this:

Attachments

• DF99.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 243
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…