Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage divider, decrease the output voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonTHK

Hello Electro Tech Awesome

I am working with something prebuilt that uses a potentiometer as a voltage divider.

The voltage input is 3v and it should normally (middle positioned) have 1,5v.

This works fine, but I want to lower the gain of the output voltage. Lets say that I normally would have moved the potentiometer so it had an output of 1.7v but I rather want it to be 1.6v. Same goes for moving the potentiometer in the other direction, giving me 1.3v but I want 1.4v

I want it to be more precise, and I don't care that I lose some of my higher values.

But can it even be done in a simple way? I thought maybe a parallel voltage divider would work, it does abit, but it then differs the value from what side I go to from the middle position. Scaling from 1.1v - 1.5v and 1.5v - 2.4v

Can this be done in any way?

This is what I did so far I had an idea this would work, and I wont figure out why just now :)
The green circle is my newly added voltage divider.

PICTURE:
https://simonelectronics.weebly.com/electro-tech-online.html

Last edited:
hi Simon.
If I am following you correctly, all you need is low value resistors from the pot to 0v

Whats the value of the pot on ohms.?
E

I wrote on picture that it is 0.7k each side (1.4k together), but that is wrong. The potmeter is 3.2k in total, I just measured this correctly.

What you are saying sounds for me as the same as what I have done. I may not change the 1.5v that is in the middle position. It is a potmeter with a spring, used on a RC transmitter for planes and stuff.
And sry bout the pictures showing girls, advertising on the upload side aparently.
Thanks in advange

Last edited:
And sry bout the pictures showing girls
I thought that was just some more electronics...

... fast pulse generators :happy::happy::happy:

JimB

You do something like this:

Attachments

• DF99.jpg
    DF99.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 242
Hi
Thanks that looks really good. What program are you using to create this?
thank you
hi,
Its LTSpice, join the user group and a get a free download.
**broken link removed**

E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back