Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage detector circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

aruna1

hello guys,
I'm looking for a circuit that can detect 230V (or set specific voltage manually) and give output.
what i want to do is if input voltage is 230V or high then make output high else make output low type circuit.
a simple circuit is enough.
i did googling but couldnt find anything useful.maybe my search term is not effective.

i was thinking about using resistor voltage devider and a voltage compaator to do this,but I'm not sure how efficient it is.

If you used large enough resistors in the divider you suggested this wouldn't waste much power. Using too large of resistors however will make the circuit more susceptible to noise and humidityr.

One other idea that comes to mind is to use a TVS diode rated at 230V in series with a resistor divider. To my understanding these are a lot like zener diodes, but come in higher breakdown voltages. Therefore, there would be no current flowing through the divider while the input voltage is under 230V. Unfortunately for values above 230V this circuit would have the same draw backs mentioned before. I'm also not sure how precise TVS diodes values are rated for.

If you used large enough resistors in the divider you suggested this wouldn't waste much power. Using too large of resistors however will make the circuit more susceptible to noise and humidityr.

One other idea that comes to mind is to use a TVS diode rated at 230V in series with a resistor divider. To my understanding these are a lot like zener diodes, but come in higher breakdown voltages. Therefore, there would be no current flowing through the divider while the input voltage is under 230V. Unfortunately for values above 230V this circuit would have the same draw backs mentioned before. I'm also not sure how precise TVS diodes values are rated for.

hmm,I'll see
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back