Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage/Current Transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuck3rz

May I know how does a Voltage and Current Transducer works and why does is it neccessary to connect it to a dual supplies?

How do determine the R1 and Rm of the Transducer if I m were to use a
LA25-NP for Current Transducer
and
LV25-P for Voltage Transducer

Thanks and Sorry for the trouble.

Anyone is able to help me with my qns?
This is de data of the LV25-P
**broken link removed**
What does HT stands for too?

Last edited:
Read the **broken link removed**

Do you know what "galvanic isolation" is?

Read the paragraph starting with the bold title; "Principle of Use"

Do you know how to convert a voltage into a current using a resistor? Hint, it has something to do with R1.

Last edited:
Sorry, I dun understand the meaning of it...

That means by adding a resistor R1, I m able to measure the voltage?
What about Rm?

I'm sorry to be blunt, but why are you using this component? It is designed to solve a specific problem, which is to make an "ungrounded", "floating", or "differential" measurement of current in an ungrounded circuit, while maintaining +- 1000V isolation from the input side to the output side.

The device is an active device, meaning it contains opamps, etc which require split supplies to make it work.

I m designing Two of the LV25-NP and LA25-P transducer to read the voltage and current produced by the generator and also to read the voltage and current inside a lead acid battery.
This transducer board will be connected to a Microcontroller board which consist of a ADC and a DS89C450 chip and it is connected to a laptop via a serial port which display the values on the hyperterminal on a laptop.
Hope you do understand as my english is not that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back