Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage Controlled Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

brighteyes

Guys

Was wondering if someone could help me with a small project.

I'm after something that will allow me to control (open or close) an output based on an input voltage taken from a Gear Position sensor on a motorcycle (0v to 5v) i.e. neutal=0.5v, 1st=1.1v, 2nd=2v, 3rd=2.7v, 4th=3.5v, 5th=4.1v and 6th=4.7v)
Otherwards turn on when voltage is between 0V and 3V and off up to 5V.
(On for 1st, 2nd & 3rd and off on 4th, 5th and 6th)

I'm a bit rusty but something tells me I simply need a zener diode to allow a voltage connected to an operational amplifer?

Also, what if I wanted to switch the output on for 4th i.e. variable resistance?

Get an LM3914. It has a built-in opamp, voltage reference, and up to 10 comparitors, each of which will switch at different levels. Everything you want in one chip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back