Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voltage booster circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonguetwister

Hello. I'm a relatively new student studying EEE in polytechnic. The homework is to design and build a toy solar car. Our group decided to add in a booster circuit to help the car move faster, however we have very little idea as to how to make a booster circuit. What does it comprise of? Capacitators and op amps? Our lecturer said that puting just an op amp to the DC supply would burn it out due to the high current, so I'm guessing a relay? Could someone please help us? A circuit diagram would be a great help.

My guess is it would be a waste of time to boost the voltage. You only have limited power available, boosting the voltage won't boost power. If you cell outputs voltage sufficient to run your motor, you'll just have to be happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back