Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kirchoff's current/voltage laws, superposition and thevinens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dankenstien10

I'm currently learning the stated methods for solving the currents in the branches of a simple two loop circuit.

I was wondering what exactly are the advantages/disadvantages of using these methods? They all produce the same results.. or have done with the examples I have been doing.

Cheers!

When things get more complicated, it can make the analysis simpler.

Loop equations definitely simplify things. Thevinin and Nortron's theorems can simplify some analysis, They are just useful. it's also a useful concept. One problem is finding an ideal current source in real life.

I never used superposition much.

I'll warn you about a few things: conventional current and electron current.

The second thing I will warn you about is parasitics. It can be the case where three 1k resistors in series is not equal to a 3k resistor.

I was wondering what exactly are the advantages/disadvantages of using these methods?
When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

JimB

When the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

JimB

How insightful
When things get more complicated, it can make the analysis simpler.

Loop equations definitely simplify things. Thevinin and Nortron's theorems can simplify some analysis, They are just useful. it's also a useful concept. One problem is finding an ideal current source in real life.

I never used superposition much.

I'll warn you about a few things: conventional current and electron current.

The second thing I will warn you about is parasitics. It can be the case where three 1k resistors in series is not equal to a 3k resistor.

Thanks, thevenins is definitely my preferred choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back