Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voltage amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitchell82

Hi, this might be a dumb question, but is there any way to get 15V out of a 8V supply without using a transformer?

thanks.

Sam

Yes, use a voltage doubler circuit.

Attachments

• voltdblr.gif
    voltdblr.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 871
Nice schematic Motion, but i think the output would be pulsating DC. It will need some type of filter or regulator after the output.

Not really

The pulsating output would depend on the load. In fact, depending on the capacitor values and the load to be feed, the output would be DC. If it doesn´t work, mail-me for another solution.

Hmm, have you got any other solutions? I couldn't seem to get that one working in pspice. I need the 15V supply to power an opamp which is part of a circuit that must be very stable. so I need to get a constant and stable 15V out of an 8V supply.

Thanks.

Sam

Hi, this might be a dumb question, but is there any way to get 15V out of a 8V supply without using a transformer?

You mentioned a transformer, is this 8 volts AC you're talking about?

sorry, take no note of the transformer comment. its DC, and Im having sever troubles trying to figure out how to give my opamp 15V off an 8V DC supply.

Any ideas?

Maxim has some **broken link removed** that might work for you. They are very generous with samples.

Here goes something. If I were you I´d go for the swtching step up regulator, for a more professional solution. Any way, if you are itented to make a cheap, home made solution this could be good for you. It´s a 555 used in astable oeration followed by a rectifier that will produce -Vp. That´s very usefull in most situation but if you need 15V you could just take -V as you groun refecence and than you´d have 16V between +V and -V.
As I said, it´s not a solution that I´d take in a professional design it´s just a hint for a cheap, home made project.

Attachments

• eletrh103.gif
    eletrh103.gif
    4.6 KB · Views: 809
Heres another hint....

Smitchell, if you think about it all we're really doing is converting DC to AC and back to DC again.

Heres a circuit that may look abit familiar.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back