Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

maryala

hai everbody

i am a student interested in doing voice mail using landlines.plz give me an idea about how to store voiceinformation in to pc from a telephone with given file name.
thanks!!

Look into a system called Asterisk. It is a Linux based system that can work with your landlines or VoIP phone services. It takes some time to learn to setup but there are some growing help groups/forums to help you out. Best of all it is free. We use it on our VoIP phones for one of our offices and it works great.

www.asterisk.org

GatorGuy said:
Look into a system called Asterisk. It is a Linux based system that can work with your landlines or VoIP phone services. It takes some time to learn to setup but there are some growing help groups/forums to help you out. Best of all it is free. We use it on our VoIP phones for one of our offices and it works great.

www.asterisk.org

umm, i went to the website, i think there is a special HW that must be connected into the pc?

can i use the normal modem to input the phone line?

Yes, you will need a PCI card to use with a landline. I have heard a lot of people talk about the X100P card. You can pick one up on ebay for around $10. A good place to start would be the digium forums for setting up the phone systen.

forums.digium.com

VoIP is much easier to setup. And sometimes cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back