Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Voice Compansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael.wylie

I am constructing a Voice Compander project (compression and expansion). A voice signal is converted to a digital form and then compressed using a microcontroller. The signal is then transmitted and received/expanded by another microcontroller. Finally, the signal is then converted back to its analog form. Neat project eh? Now my questions is,
I am having a hard time finding resources on this topic and I've been searching the internet as well as other places. If anyone has seen information about this topic or knows a place I can attain information I would greatly appreciate your response.

michael.wylie said:
I am constructing a Voice Compander project (compression and expansion). A voice signal is converted to a digital form and then compressed using a microcontroller. The signal is then transmitted and received/expanded by another microcontroller. Finally, the signal is then converted back to its analog form.

Isn't this just what modern mobile phones do?.

What are you actually trying to achieve with it?, and why not just send the analogue signal?.

Silicon labs has an app note doing just what you are describing. Check silabs.com under their microcontroller section for the App note.

Brent

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back