Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Visual Basic for ESP8266, Raspberry Pi, Windows, etc ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronsimpson

Most Helpful Member
https://www.b4x.com/

This appears to be Visual Basic for these operating systems.
ANDROID | IOS | WINDOWS | MAC | LINUX | ARDUINO | RASPBERRY PI | ESP8266 |
Some of these are free.

Has any one tried it? Thoughts

I've used B4A and found it very easy to produce an app for my Android tablet that connected via bluetooth to a robot for setting PID values on a line follower. Highly recomended if you know VB6.

Mike.

Highly recomended if you know VB6.
I don't know VB6 but I am good at BASIC. I don't like the BASIC with line numbers. I have been using a multi processing BASIC for the embedded 80186 and PIC basic pro.
My old head just can't get C and PYTHON almost works. As soon as I say the examples of VB4 I just seemed like an old friend.

I've not used it for Arduino but for Android it's really easy. The free version is pretty useable and the full version is only $59 for ever more.

Mike.

The free version is pretty useable and the full version is only $59 for ever more.
$59 is good. Free is good.

I am confused as to what is free. And more.
I want to make code for the Raspberry Pi. Do I write on the PC and down load the code to the Pi OR can I write/run on the Pi with out a PC?

I am looking to run code on the Pi, maybe the ESP8266 and maybe for the PC.

As I said I've only used B4A (Basic for Android) so not sure about Pi etc. For Android you load an app (B4A bridge) on the target and it programs via your wifi from your PC. Very convenient.

Just checked and B4R (Basic for Arduino) is completely free. I'll have to have a play with that myself.

Mike.

There's also B4J, for desktops, which is also free. I looked at it last week after the Android version was mentioned.

The learning curve looks a little steep; I couldn't get very far just sitting down and trying to do something.

It appears different than Visual Basic, in that you don't start with the graphic layout and add code to the form.

There is a menu item called designer that lets you do a graphical layout. Not got access right now so can't add any more.

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back