Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Vibration Sensor Diagram

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSigsworth

Hi Y'all; I'm trying to design a vibration sensing tool that will give you an Idea of where the vibration is coming from.

I've attached hopefully the design

using 4 Piezo buzzers for the vibration

Feedback welcome

Attachments

• Vibration sensor.jpg
    Vibration sensor.jpg
    215.6 KB · Views: 205
Hi Y'all; I'm trying to design a vibration sensing tool that will give you an Idea of where the vibration is coming from.

I've attached hopefully the design

using 4 Piezo buzzers for the vibration

Feedback welcome
Thats very interesting! I always wanted to build one of those gps trackers you see in movies. This is basically a sound version!

I'm not sure how well a piezo beeper will respond to vibration. Something like a piezofilm accelerometer may work better, depending on the frequency range you are interested in. These sensors will be sensitive in the direction perpendicular to the plane of the piezo beam, and insensitive to vibration in the plane of the beam. Three sensors arranged triaxially will give you a axis, but it won't tell you the direction of the source along that axis.

If you want to pinpoint the source, you'll need multiple accelerometers and a spectrum analyzer with cross-correlation features.

Screenshot_20210223-195053_Edge.jpg

I suspect you mean piezo transducer rather than buzzer? A buzzer has built-in electronics which would reduce sensitivity.

Are you able to initiate the vibration on purpose for whatever medium you're trying to detect vibration from? I ask because you must take adjustment into account if you want to set the sensibility once for all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back